Job Title: Officer – Agriculture Research & Development International Rice Research Institute – India
Job Location: This position will be based at the IRRI India office in Bhubaneswar, Odisha and will only be filled in by permanent citizens of India
Hiring Organization: IRRI
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations. IRRI is an independent, nonprofit, research and educational institute, founded in 1960 by the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with support from the Philippine government. The institute, headquartered in Los Baños, Philippines, has offices in 17 rice-growing countries in Asia and Africa, and over 1,000 staff.
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct and oversee implementation, monitoring field activities to support experiments, demonstrations, surveys and research studies related to the project in the assigned
- This position will have strong focus on interventions around seed systems managed by women collectives.
- Provide regular feedback on project activities and progress for program review and further planning
- Assisting field staff/workers in designing their work plan as per the need of the project
- Monitor pests and diseases in the fields and make timely requests for treatments
- Liaise with the district officials of DOWR/DoA, select appropriate partners in consultation with them and implement the project activities in the assigned district(s).
- Coordinate with research institutes, collaborators, enumerators and contractual
- Actively engage with external stakeholders such as district agricultural officers, kvk scientists, NGOs, government agencies, state government officers, public and private sector partners, vendors, and suppliers in order to effectively streamline and implement research
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders such as project goal owners, collaborators, extension staff, implementing partners, research technicians and contract workers to ensure adherence to the set quality standards and efficient collection of field experiments data
- Independently organize and coordinate community meetings and trainings on Quality Seed Production and Awareness-creation meetings for women and men farmers
- Successful demonstration of all forms of demonstrations undertaken in the project areas
- Ensure the quality of field data that are collected and recorded by the research
- A strong field level coordination with government offices is built and maintained
- Implementing partners and members of women collectives are well oriented on crop varietal demonstrations and other interventions
- Quality seed production training are organized as per plan and objectives
- Research/survey assignments are efficiently conducted and managed at field level
- Supervise Research Technicians/Contractual staffs to ensure adherence to the project objectives
- Contribute to the development of training materials and articles for newsletters
- Collect, record, compile, encode and proofread data in order to establish an efficient database that follows an organized storage, archiving and backup procedures.
Salary/Remuneration: 23800 – 49400 INR per month
In addition to the Base Pay indicated above, IRRI also offers the following allowances:
- House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month.
- Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance of INR 4000/- for NRS L4
- Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen percent (113%) of employee’s base pay.
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
- Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children)
Bachelor’s degree in any field with 3 years of relevant/similar work experience or Master’s degree in any field with a minimum of 1 year relevant/similar work experience.
Experiences: Minimum of 1 year relevant/similar work experience.
- Has basic knowledge of MS Office and related software
- Has working knowledge of sophisticated equipment and processes for its efficient use
- Has some knowledge of the latest techniques on rice farming
- Is able to be active with associates in field conditions to work independently and with little guidance
How to Apply-Click Here
Last Date to Apply: 23-Aug-2021
For Official Notification, please Click here