Job Title: Assistant Soil Chemist
No of Vacancies: 01 post
Job Location: Kolkata
Hiring Organization: Public Service Commission, West Bengal
Employment Type: Govt. jobs
Salary/Remuneration: Rs.15,600/- – Rs.42,000/- (P.B. 4A) PLUS GRADE PAY Rs. 5,400/-
M.Sc. degree in Chemistry or M.Sc.(Agriculture) with Agricultural
Chemistry and/or Soil Science from a recognized University/Institute
Experiences: Two years’ experience in Soil Science, relaxable for well-qualified candidates.
Age Eligibility: Not more than 36 years as on 01.01.2020, relaxable for well-qualified candidates.
How to Apply-
1. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not conveniently possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants, the Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications/ higher marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Preliminary Screening Test ( P.S.T ). The Commission may fix qualifying cut-off marks for all the categories of the vacancies in each level of examination, i.e. P.S.T & interview.
2. Note: Commission has fixed the following qualifying marks for UNRESERVED vacancy in Personality Test/Interview and candidates unable to secure such qualifying marks would not be considered for the post, irrespective of their academic qualification and/ or marks obtained in P.S.T.
3. Category: All, Qualifying Marks: 40%
4. If after P.S.T., it is found that the number of candidates qualified for interview in any category is 3 times the number of vacancies to be filled up or more, no qualifying marks would be imposed in personality test. Qualifying marks as per the extant practice would however be imposed in case the number of qualified candidates is less than 3 times the number of vacancies proposed to be filled up.
5. In The Cases Of Screening Test, Candidates Suffering From Blindness Or Low Vision And Loco-motor Disability Or Cerebral Palsy With Writing Extremity Will Be Allowed The Help Of A Scribe, If Required. The Scribe Should Not Possess Educational Qualification Higher Than The Requisite Qualification For The Post.
Important Dates :
1. Date of Examination/Interview will be notified latter in the Commission’s website at wbpsc.gov.in
2. Online applications are to be submitted at wbpsc.gov.in
3. Closing date for receipt of online application : The 2nd September, 2020
4. All Information Regarding Recruitment To The Post Will Be Available, From Time To Time, In The Commission’s Website At Wbpsc.gov.in
Last Date to Apply: 02.09.2020
For Official Notification, please Click here